Best Westfield Heating Company
While Winter in Westfield, New Jersey this year has been more mild, we still have had and probably will have some cold days. Having your heat fail during one of these days would NOT be fun! What can make matters even worse is hiring a Westfield heating company who is going to try to scam you! Here are some ways to tell if a Westfield heating company is trying to rip you off.
When a Westfield Heating Company is Trying to Rip You Off:
- No Written Estimates: Make sure to get estimates in writing before any work begins. You deserve to know how much you will be paying so there’s no surprises when the time arrives to break open your wallet. If a Westfield heating company is hesitant to get anything on a formal document, they should not be trusted.
- No Replaced Parts: Some scam artists will say they have replaced your HVAC parts even though they actually didn’t replace anything. Always ask to see the replaced parts upfront. Even if the Westfield heating company did indeed replace parts, it’s better to be safe than sorry.
Replacing Parts with Used Ones: Another common trick scam artists use is replacing HVAC parts with used ones. The main problem with used parts is that they will only make the system experience more breakdowns and problems with efficiency. It will only make you have to call for more heating service in the near future.
- Avoid Frequent Tune-Up Offers: You should only seek a furnace tune-up once a year, as one quick maintenance check. Be wary of any Westfield heating company who is offering multiple tune-ups a year, as it may indicate they are simply trying to get more of your hard-earned cash.
- Be Careful of Upfront Payment Requests: No reliable Westfield heating company will ask to be paid before the work is done. While a contractor can provide you with upfront estimates, you should only pay them after the project is completed. If not, they may wind up taking your money and disappearing.
- Unreasonable Pricing: If your contractor offers you a price that seems unreasonably high, get a second opinion from another contractor. Having two or more prices to compare will give you a better sense of the average cost and if the first contractor’s price is unreasonable.
Looking for the Best Westfield Heating Company?
If you are in need of a great Westfield Heating Company, contact Good Tidings now! Good Tidings is a As a local family owned heating and cooling contractor that specializes in Westfield Heating And Cooling, Good Tidings cares about the comfort of you and your family. For more information on the company and its great services:
Westfield Heating Services Home Page
I appreciate their Christian core values
October 17, 2018
Always on-time very professional. Very clean and personable. I appreciate their Christian core values. Have used them for the past five years and will continue to recommend to friends and family. Knowledgeable technicians. I love that their a family run business.
- Sharon G., Linden
Honest prices and workers
October 12, 2018
This is Jesus's company, and I would want everyone to use them. Honest prices and workers. Just look at the ad it says it all. 20 stars
- Carmella A., East Brunswick
Outstanding company that I would recommend to anyone!
October 4, 2018
Good Tidings is one of the most professional companies I have ever had the pleasure of working with. Always prompt, clean and have done outstanding work on multiple AC installs, as well as, general plumbing. My most recent experience was with Matt and Joel who installed a new AC unit in our home. Excellent techs and great product. In addition Brian performed work on our furnace with great results. We called for service and they were there the same day. Outstanding company that I would recommend to anyone!
- Patrick N., Millington
Excellent service loyal customer for the past 6 years
October 1, 2018
Excellent service loyal customer for the past 6 years love my halo water purification system.
- Greg L., Bridgewater
Matt F., Cranford
September 13, 2018
Very professional and courteous. Adam did an fantastic job replacing sink unit. 5 stars.
Akintayo A., North Plainfield
September 10, 2018
Brian was great with assessing the problem, fixing it and then cleaning up. I had 2 separate clogs (main in basement and 2nd floor bathtub) that he was able to fix. Overall, services were priced on the higher side, but money well spent for the A+ service provided. Recommended.
September 09, 2018
We had excellent service from Good Tidings! Our air conditioner broke during the hottest week of the year. We had another company come in, charge us, and tell us nothing was wrong but it was still broken. Thankfully, Good Tidings came in and within an hour was able to tell us exactly what was wrong and fix our air conditioner! They did an excellent job explaining everything and talking us through reasonable pricing options. We'll definitely be using them again!
Matt C., Scotch Plains
September 05, 2018
Excellent same day air conditioner service in the middle of a heat wave! They found an electrician to help with the problem who was also reasonably priced and had the air on by the end of the night! Steven stayed till 8 pm to b sure the air was fixed and running correctly