Are You Being Scammed by Your Westfield Heating Company?
Are you looking for a Westfield heating company? On the East Coast, winter weather is erratic and unpredictable. It’s often 50º and sunny one day and then rapidly changes to being 25º and snowy the next day. We’ve had a decent amount of below freezing nights so far this year. There’s only one thing worse than having your heat break down during a freezing cold night: getting ripped off by your heating company! Below are some way to make sure your heating company is not trying to scam you.
Is Your Westfield Heating Company Ripping You Off?
It’s imperative that you are able to recognize red flags that the company you are calling is a scam artist. Take heed to these 6 warning signs right away:
- They do not provide a written estimate: Before you agree to have any work done to your heating system, be sure to have an estimate in writing. You don’t need any surprises when it comes time to pay the bill. If you come across a heating company doesn’t want to provide you with something in writing, then you should absolutely look elsewhere.
- Not replacing parts: One of the main ways heating companies scam people is by saying that they have replaced parts when they have not. Before you pay the company, always ask to see the old and new parts. It is always better to be safe than sorry and a reputable company will gladly show you the parts.
- Using old parts instead of new parts: Another way that scam artists take advantage of unsuspecting customers is to replace old parts with used parts. Although this may fix the problem initially, it will only make the system experience more breakdowns and problems in the long run. Make sure you check to see if the parts are new. If they are used, make sure you understand the risks.
- Be Wary of Paying Upfront: No reliable heating company ask for payment before the job is done. This is a huge red flag that screams scam. They should provide you with an estimate in writing up front, but keep the transaction until the services have been completed. If you are not careful, the company might take your money and disappear.
- Unreasonably high Prices: If you are quoted an unreasonably high price, always seek out other companies to get other quotes. Multiple quotes will give you a better sense of how much the job should cost and whether or not the company in question is over charging.
Looking for a Reliable Westfield Heating Company
If you are in need of a reliable Westfield heating company, contact Good Tidings today! Good Tidings is a family owned heating and cooling contractor that specializes in Westfield heating services. Good tidings is quickly becoming the most trusted name in Westfield heating! For more information:
Call today or visit our home page for more information:
Westfield Plumbing Services
Prompt, efficient, above all honest
December 5, 2018
Prompt, efficient, above all honest, very professional, got the job done in a timely manner, new customer, will absolutely continue to use good tidings and recommend highly!
- Barbara L., Plainfield
Very courteous and professional
December 3, 2018
Good Tidings was prompt came on time very courteous and professional. Will be doing business with them in the future, would highly recommend!
Came out quickly and neat work
November 30, 2018
Good tidings has been very reliable very clean, their whole staff certainly has integrity, honest, always fulfill my needs in an emergency, came out quickly and neat work and knowledgeable as always solve our problems and definitely recommend to all friends and family.
- Dorothy S., Westfield
Great quality and very courteous
November 29, 2018
The experience I've had with the technicians from Good Tidings has been nothing short than amazing. As stressed as I have been with it this week, these guys made me feel much better. Great quality and very courteous. Thank you!
- Janitha J., Linden
Thomas M., Clark
November 27, 2018
Brian & Brian were excellent. Very professional, informative, friendly and knowledgeable. I would Definitely recommend Good Tidings and the 2 guys who helped us today. I’m sure their whole staff is trained along the same guidelines, however i was very impressed with the level of service today.
Thank You, and I look forward to utilizing good tidings in the future for all my plumbing, heating and cooling needs.
Manvir S., Clark
November 18, 2018
My heat was not working at my house on the first floor and the basement Matt from the company came out and fixed the problem in an hour. My basement needed a new sunp pump and a new pvc discharge pipe.So I got the work done again from the company from Brian very good honest company and people will deal with them again if needed
Amanda S., Clark
November 20, 2018
Friendly, accommodating and quick to respond and be available. Called Saturday night and someone was here late morning on Sunday. Prices are competitive and same whether it’s a weekday or weekend! Adam was super helpful and patient explaining actions and options. As a first time home buyer felt comfortable and confident with Adam and this company’s abilities.
Joseph C., Fanwood
November 16, 2018
Fantastic work. Family owned and operated. Called on a snowy Friday and had my heat fixed same day. Greatly recommend as they are both friendly, honest and hard working. Steven came to us in Fanwood and did a wonderful job getting our heat back to code and operable. He was simply fantastic walking us through what needed to be done to get us on track. We highly recommend Steven and his company for any plumber related issues.