Are You Being Scammed by Your Westfield Heating Company?
Are you looking for a Westfield heating company? On the East Coast, winter weather is erratic and unpredictable. It’s often 50º and sunny one day and then rapidly changes to being 25º and snowy the next day. We’ve had a decent amount of below freezing nights so far this year. There’s only one thing worse than having your heat break down during a freezing cold night: getting ripped off by your heating company! Below are some way to make sure your heating company is not trying to scam you.
Is Your Westfield Heating Company Ripping You Off?
It’s imperative that you are able to recognize red flags that the company you are calling is a scam artist. Take heed to these 6 warning signs right away:
- They do not provide a written estimate: Before you agree to have any work done to your heating system, be sure to have an estimate in writing. You don’t need any surprises when it comes time to pay the bill. If you come across a heating company doesn’t want to provide you with something in writing, then you should absolutely look elsewhere.
- Not replacing parts: One of the main ways heating companies scam people is by saying that they have replaced parts when they have not. Before you pay the company, always ask to see the old and new parts. It is always better to be safe than sorry and a reputable company will gladly show you the parts.
- Using old parts instead of new parts: Another way that scam artists take advantage of unsuspecting customers is to replace old parts with used parts. Although this may fix the problem initially, it will only make the system experience more breakdowns and problems in the long run. Make sure you check to see if the parts are new. If they are used, make sure you understand the risks.
- Be Wary of Paying Upfront: No reliable heating company ask for payment before the job is done. This is a huge red flag that screams scam. They should provide you with an estimate in writing up front, but keep the transaction until the services have been completed. If you are not careful, the company might take your money and disappear.
- Unreasonably high Prices: If you are quoted an unreasonably high price, always seek out other companies to get other quotes. Multiple quotes will give you a better sense of how much the job should cost and whether or not the company in question is over charging.
Looking for a Reliable Westfield Heating Company
If you are in need of a reliable Westfield heating company, contact Good Tidings today! Good Tidings is a family owned heating and cooling contractor that specializes in Westfield heating services. Good tidings is quickly becoming the most trusted name in Westfield heating! For more information:
Call today or visit our home page for more information:
Westfield Plumbing Services
Can always count on Good Tidings!
October 22, 2018
Always on-time, technicians are always friendly and cordial very dependable neat and tidy do great work! Can always count on Good Tidings for good service!
- Debbie S., Fanwood
I appreciate their Christian core values
October 17, 2018
Always on-time very professional. Very clean and personable. I appreciate their Christian core values. Have used them for the past five years and will continue to recommend to friends and family. Knowledgeable technicians. I love that their a family run business.
- Sharon G., Linden
Honest prices and workers
October 12, 2018
This is Jesus's company, and I would want everyone to use them. Honest prices and workers. Just look at the ad it says it all. 20 stars
- Carmella A., East Brunswick
Outstanding company that I would recommend to anyone!
October 4, 2018
Good Tidings is one of the most professional companies I have ever had the pleasure of working with. Always prompt, clean and have done outstanding work on multiple AC installs, as well as, general plumbing. My most recent experience was with Matt and Joel who installed a new AC unit in our home. Excellent techs and great product. In addition Brian performed work on our furnace with great results. We called for service and they were there the same day. Outstanding company that I would recommend to anyone!
- Patrick N., Millington
Josh G., Westfield
Good Tidings provides outstanding service. Alex took my call on a Saturday, called me back quickly with an ETA. Brian and his partner arrived right on time, and did a great job replacing my hot water heater and servicing my heating system. They were skillful, efficient, professional, and friendly. I would highly recommend Good Tidings to everyone.
Matt F., Cranford
September 13, 2018
Very professional and courteous. Adam did an fantastic job replacing sink unit. 5 stars.
Akintayo A., North Plainfield
September 10, 2018
Brian was great with assessing the problem, fixing it and then cleaning up. I had 2 separate clogs (main in basement and 2nd floor bathtub) that he was able to fix. Overall, services were priced on the higher side, but money well spent for the A+ service provided. Recommended.
September 09, 2018
We had excellent service from Good Tidings! Our air conditioner broke during the hottest week of the year. We had another company come in, charge us, and tell us nothing was wrong but it was still broken. Thankfully, Good Tidings came in and within an hour was able to tell us exactly what was wrong and fix our air conditioner! They did an excellent job explaining everything and talking us through reasonable pricing options. We'll definitely be using them again!