Best Westfield Heating Company
While Winter in Westfield, New Jersey this year has been more mild, we still have had and probably will have some cold days. Having your heat fail during one of these days would NOT be fun! What can make matters even worse is hiring a Westfield heating company who is going to try to scam you! Here are some ways to tell if a Westfield heating company is trying to rip you off.
When a Westfield Heating Company is Trying to Rip You Off:
- No Written Estimates: Make sure to get estimates in writing before any work begins. You deserve to know how much you will be paying so there’s no surprises when the time arrives to break open your wallet. If a Westfield heating company is hesitant to get anything on a formal document, they should not be trusted.
- No Replaced Parts: Some scam artists will say they have replaced your HVAC parts even though they actually didn’t replace anything. Always ask to see the replaced parts upfront. Even if the Westfield heating company did indeed replace parts, it’s better to be safe than sorry.
- Avoid Frequent Tune-Up Offers: You should only seek a furnace tune-up once a year, as one quick maintenance check. Be wary of any Westfield heating company who is offering multiple tune-ups a year, as it may indicate they are simply trying to get more of your hard-earned cash.
- Be Careful of Upfront Payment Requests: No reliable Westfield heating company will ask to be paid before the work is done. While a contractor can provide you with upfront estimates, you should only pay them after the project is completed. If not, they may wind up taking your money and disappearing.
- Unreasonable Pricing: If your contractor offers you a price that seems unreasonably high, get a second opinion from another contractor. Having two or more prices to compare will give you a better sense of the average cost and if the first contractor’s price is unreasonable.
Replacing Parts with Used Ones: Another common trick scam artists use is replacing HVAC parts with used ones. The main problem with used parts is that they will only make the system experience more breakdowns and problems with efficiency. It will only make you have to call for more heating service in the near future.
Looking for the Best Westfield Heating Company?
If you are in need of a great Westfield Heating Company, contact Good Tidings now! Good Tidings is a As a local family owned heating and cooling contractor that specializes in Westfield Heating And Cooling, Good Tidings cares about the comfort of you and your family. For more information on the company and its great services: