A/C Tips & Troubleshooting
If your air conditioning has unexpectedly stopped working all together in the middle of the very hot summer days, chances are you’ll call someone for an emergency repair. However, sometimes air conditioning issues are simple fixes.
Some of the following cases are situations where you should definitely give us a call so we can help you right away.
When You Need Our Union County Air Conditioning Service
– Unfamiliar sounds coming from your cooling system.
– Unfamiliar and odd smells coming from the system and the ductwork while the system is in function.
– A change in the frequency of how often your system turns off and on.
– The amount of air coming out of the registers has changed.
– Your fuse keeps popping
– Ice has crept over the piping of your unit inside or out.
– The fan outside isn’t working.
– Your utility bills have been progressively getting higher.
Give us a call if you experience any of these situations so we can help you diagnose and fix your problem immediately.
Here are some common tips to help you determine if you have an issue that does not require a service call or an issue that you can do something about:
– Caution: Make sure you turn off your power supply before attempting anything!
– Check your thermostat and ensure the settings are correct.
– Check your breaker box and make sure the necessary breakers are all set to “ON.”
– Go outside and see if your outdoor unit is running. If it’s not, find the disconnect switch and make sure that’s set to “ON.”
– Check and replace your filters if they’re dirty. This could be obstructing the air-flow.
Explained problems and solutions well
January 16, 2019
They came out quickly, did a great job explained problems and solutions well. Gave multiple options for me to choose from. We would recommend Good Tidings for plumbing heating and air conditioning. We'll certainly continue using them in the future!
- Walter L., Kenilworth
Prompt, professional service, SAME DAY
January 8, 2019
We have been a customer of Good Tidings since 2011. They provide prompt, professional service, same day. We will continue to use them for all our plumbing, heating and cooling issues. We will definitely recommend them to others.
- Joe S., West Orange
Super thorough, pleasant, courteous
January 5, 2019
Good Tidings is super thorough, pleasant, courteous , always explain things so I understand perform great work they’re awesome, they came right away when I had no heat! excellent service!
- Michael N., Short Hills
Very reliable, gentleman are very, very knowledgeable
January 2, 2019
I would recommend this company anytime to friends. Very reliable, gentleman were very very knowledgeable and knew their business.
- Edith M., Iselin
Susan M., Westfield
January 15, 2019
The whole experience from start to finish was great. First someone knowledgeable answered the phone when I called. The timing of getting someone to the house was very reasonable and when the tech was behind schedule I received a call beforehand to update me with the new timeslot. The tech Steven was very personable, knowledgeable and efficient.
Kate D., Scotch Plains
January 07, 2019
Plumber was very professional and replaced our water heater. Throughout the day, we got updates as to when the technician would arrive. Could not be happier.
Diana D., Manville
December 28, 2018
I really didn't know who to trust or call but this company just jumped out at me.. I was meant to call them ,they are so impeccable , professional .. Dave and his staff are amazing can't PRAISE them enough Happy Holidays To All at GOOD TIDINGS I WOULD RECOMMEND THEM TO ANYONE TKS DIANA
Thomas M., Clark
November 27, 2018
Brian & Brian were excellent. Very professional, informative, friendly and knowledgeable. I would Definitely recommend Good Tidings and the 2 guys who helped us today. I’m sure their whole staff is trained along the same guidelines, however i was very impressed with the level of service today.
Thank You, and I look forward to utilizing good tidings in the future for all my plumbing, heating and cooling needs.