A/C Tips & Troubleshooting
If your air conditioning has unexpectedly stopped working all together in the middle of the very hot summer days, chances are you’ll call someone for an emergency repair. However, sometimes air conditioning issues are simple fixes.
Some of the following cases are situations where you should definitely give us a call so we can help you right away.
When You Need Our Union County Air Conditioning Service
– Unfamiliar sounds coming from your cooling system.
– Unfamiliar and odd smells coming from the system and the ductwork while the system is in function.
– A change in the frequency of how often your system turns off and on.
– The amount of air coming out of the registers has changed.
– Your fuse keeps popping
– Ice has crept over the piping of your unit inside or out.
– The fan outside isn’t working.
– Your utility bills have been progressively getting higher.
Give us a call if you experience any of these situations so we can help you diagnose and fix your problem immediately.
Here are some common tips to help you determine if you have an issue that does not require a service call or an issue that you can do something about:
– Caution: Make sure you turn off your power supply before attempting anything!
– Check your thermostat and ensure the settings are correct.
– Check your breaker box and make sure the necessary breakers are all set to “ON.”
– Go outside and see if your outdoor unit is running. If it’s not, find the disconnect switch and make sure that’s set to “ON.”
– Check and replace your filters if they’re dirty. This could be obstructing the air-flow.
Can always count on Good Tidings!
October 22, 2018
Always on-time, technicians are always friendly and cordial very dependable neat and tidy do great work! Can always count on Good Tidings for good service!
- Debbie S., Fanwood
I appreciate their Christian core values
October 17, 2018
Always on-time very professional. Very clean and personable. I appreciate their Christian core values. Have used them for the past five years and will continue to recommend to friends and family. Knowledgeable technicians. I love that their a family run business.
- Sharon G., Linden
Honest prices and workers
October 12, 2018
This is Jesus's company, and I would want everyone to use them. Honest prices and workers. Just look at the ad it says it all. 20 stars
- Carmella A., East Brunswick
Outstanding company that I would recommend to anyone!
October 4, 2018
Good Tidings is one of the most professional companies I have ever had the pleasure of working with. Always prompt, clean and have done outstanding work on multiple AC installs, as well as, general plumbing. My most recent experience was with Matt and Joel who installed a new AC unit in our home. Excellent techs and great product. In addition Brian performed work on our furnace with great results. We called for service and they were there the same day. Outstanding company that I would recommend to anyone!
- Patrick N., Millington
Josh G., Westfield
Good Tidings provides outstanding service. Alex took my call on a Saturday, called me back quickly with an ETA. Brian and his partner arrived right on time, and did a great job replacing my hot water heater and servicing my heating system. They were skillful, efficient, professional, and friendly. I would highly recommend Good Tidings to everyone.
Matt F., Cranford
September 13, 2018
Very professional and courteous. Adam did an fantastic job replacing sink unit. 5 stars.
Akintayo A., North Plainfield
September 10, 2018
Brian was great with assessing the problem, fixing it and then cleaning up. I had 2 separate clogs (main in basement and 2nd floor bathtub) that he was able to fix. Overall, services were priced on the higher side, but money well spent for the A+ service provided. Recommended.
September 09, 2018
We had excellent service from Good Tidings! Our air conditioner broke during the hottest week of the year. We had another company come in, charge us, and tell us nothing was wrong but it was still broken. Thankfully, Good Tidings came in and within an hour was able to tell us exactly what was wrong and fix our air conditioner! They did an excellent job explaining everything and talking us through reasonable pricing options. We'll definitely be using them again!