Best Westfield Heating Company
While Winter in Westfield, New Jersey this year has been more mild, we still have had and probably will have some cold days. Having your heat fail during one of these days would NOT be fun! What can make matters even worse is hiring a Westfield heating company who is going to try to scam you! Here are some ways to tell if a Westfield heating company is trying to rip you off.
When a Westfield Heating Company is Trying to Rip You Off:
- No Written Estimates: Make sure to get estimates in writing before any work begins. You deserve to know how much you will be paying so there’s no surprises when the time arrives to break open your wallet. If a Westfield heating company is hesitant to get anything on a formal document, they should not be trusted.
- No Replaced Parts: Some scam artists will say they have replaced your HVAC parts even though they actually didn’t replace anything. Always ask to see the replaced parts upfront. Even if the Westfield heating company did indeed replace parts, it’s better to be safe than sorry.
Replacing Parts with Used Ones: Another common trick scam artists use is replacing HVAC parts with used ones. The main problem with used parts is that they will only make the system experience more breakdowns and problems with efficiency. It will only make you have to call for more heating service in the near future.
- Avoid Frequent Tune-Up Offers: You should only seek a furnace tune-up once a year, as one quick maintenance check. Be wary of any Westfield heating company who is offering multiple tune-ups a year, as it may indicate they are simply trying to get more of your hard-earned cash.
- Be Careful of Upfront Payment Requests: No reliable Westfield heating company will ask to be paid before the work is done. While a contractor can provide you with upfront estimates, you should only pay them after the project is completed. If not, they may wind up taking your money and disappearing.
- Unreasonable Pricing: If your contractor offers you a price that seems unreasonably high, get a second opinion from another contractor. Having two or more prices to compare will give you a better sense of the average cost and if the first contractor’s price is unreasonable.
Looking for the Best Westfield Heating Company?
If you are in need of a great Westfield Heating Company, contact Good Tidings now! Good Tidings is a As a local family owned heating and cooling contractor that specializes in Westfield Heating And Cooling, Good Tidings cares about the comfort of you and your family. For more information on the company and its great services:
Westfield Heating Services Home Page
The work was top notch!
August 14, 2019
Excellent service, the workers were very knowledgeable. They were on time (even a little early which was great). The work was top notch. I would highly recommend this company and the workers who were assigned to my house specifically. Great work!
- Karina K., Clark
Very well organized, professional
August 14, 2019
Excellent service, very well organized, professional and on time. Great communication from the office. Brian was absolutely wonderful.
- Frank G., Roselle Park
A pleasure doing business with you
August 6, 2019
The crew arrived on time and worked quickly and efficiently. The pricing was upfront and laid out before the job was started. I would recommend Good Tidings to my friends and family, it's a pleasure doing business with you.
- Will Z., Colonia
10 Star Service!
July 30, 2019
Good Tidings was very thorough and communicative throughout the entire process. Very neat, very clean and wonderful. Extremely pleased with the work Brian performed and will definitely recommend Good Tidings to all of my friends. They provided a 10 star service.
- Sylvia G., Clark
Jeanne W., Elizabeth
July 29, 2019
This is a great company. Just had Rob and Leonard replace a sink, sump pump,fix a leak, and various other jobs. They were personable and beyond helpful. I would recommend both without hesitation. Thanks,Guys, Great Job!!!
Kevin M., Cranford
July 24, 2019
The sump pump in our house died at what naturally had to be the worst possible time, and Good Tidings really stepped up for us. I was able to get in contact with their overnight call center who was able to get me set up for a plumber to come over first thing in the morning. Ben showed up nice and early and did a great job explaining what was going on with the pump, and was able to get it replaced right away. He was also kind enough not to mock my MacGyver mini sump pump/hose contraption that I threw together to get us through the night. Overall we couldn’t be happier, they were able to get the pump fixed right away, and saved us a lot of stress. Special thanks to Ben for doing a great job all around.
Sandra D. South Orange
July 23, 2019
What a fantastic experience with Good Tidings. From the moment I called to the repair work being done! Our repairman Stephen was great. He explained everything and gave us options without any pressure. I highly recommend you call this company for any your cooling/heating needs!
Lennox L., Westfield
July 16, 2019
Rob and Leonard were professional and knowledgeable. I would definitely recommend them and use their services again.