Are You Being Scammed by Your Westfield Heating Company?
Are you looking for a Westfield heating company? On the East Coast, winter weather is erratic and unpredictable. It’s often 50º and sunny one day and then rapidly changes to being 25º and snowy the next day. We’ve had a decent amount of below freezing nights so far this year. There’s only one thing worse than having your heat break down during a freezing cold night: getting ripped off by your heating company! Below are some way to make sure your heating company is not trying to scam you.
Is Your Westfield Heating Company Ripping You Off?
It’s imperative that you are able to recognize red flags that the company you are calling is a scam artist. Take heed to these 6 warning signs right away:
- They do not provide a written estimate: Before you agree to have any work done to your heating system, be sure to have an estimate in writing. You don’t need any surprises when it comes time to pay the bill. If you come across a heating company doesn’t want to provide you with something in writing, then you should absolutely look elsewhere.
- Not replacing parts: One of the main ways heating companies scam people is by saying that they have replaced parts when they have not. Before you pay the company, always ask to see the old and new parts. It is always better to be safe than sorry and a reputable company will gladly show you the parts.
- Using old parts instead of new parts: Another way that scam artists take advantage of unsuspecting customers is to replace old parts with used parts. Although this may fix the problem initially, it will only make the system experience more breakdowns and problems in the long run. Make sure you check to see if the parts are new. If they are used, make sure you understand the risks.
- Be Wary of Paying Upfront: No reliable heating company ask for payment before the job is done. This is a huge red flag that screams scam. They should provide you with an estimate in writing up front, but keep the transaction until the services have been completed. If you are not careful, the company might take your money and disappear.
- Unreasonably high Prices: If you are quoted an unreasonably high price, always seek out other companies to get other quotes. Multiple quotes will give you a better sense of how much the job should cost and whether or not the company in question is over charging.
Looking for a Reliable Westfield Heating Company
If you are in need of a reliable Westfield heating company, contact Good Tidings today! Good Tidings is a family owned heating and cooling contractor that specializes in Westfield heating services. Good tidings is quickly becoming the most trusted name in Westfield heating! For more information:
Call today or visit our home page for more information:
Westfield Plumbing Services
The work was top notch!
August 14, 2019
Excellent service, the workers were very knowledgeable. They were on time (even a little early which was great). The work was top notch. I would highly recommend this company and the workers who were assigned to my house specifically. Great work!
- Karina K., Clark
Very well organized, professional
August 14, 2019
Excellent service, very well organized, professional and on time. Great communication from the office. Brian was absolutely wonderful.
- Frank G., Roselle Park
A pleasure doing business with you
August 6, 2019
The crew arrived on time and worked quickly and efficiently. The pricing was upfront and laid out before the job was started. I would recommend Good Tidings to my friends and family, it's a pleasure doing business with you.
- Will Z., Colonia
10 Star Service!
July 30, 2019
Good Tidings was very thorough and communicative throughout the entire process. Very neat, very clean and wonderful. Extremely pleased with the work Brian performed and will definitely recommend Good Tidings to all of my friends. They provided a 10 star service.
- Sylvia G., Clark
Jeanne W., Elizabeth
July 29, 2019
This is a great company. Just had Rob and Leonard replace a sink, sump pump,fix a leak, and various other jobs. They were personable and beyond helpful. I would recommend both without hesitation. Thanks,Guys, Great Job!!!
Kevin M., Cranford
July 24, 2019
The sump pump in our house died at what naturally had to be the worst possible time, and Good Tidings really stepped up for us. I was able to get in contact with their overnight call center who was able to get me set up for a plumber to come over first thing in the morning. Ben showed up nice and early and did a great job explaining what was going on with the pump, and was able to get it replaced right away. He was also kind enough not to mock my MacGyver mini sump pump/hose contraption that I threw together to get us through the night. Overall we couldn’t be happier, they were able to get the pump fixed right away, and saved us a lot of stress. Special thanks to Ben for doing a great job all around.
Sandra D. South Orange
July 23, 2019
What a fantastic experience with Good Tidings. From the moment I called to the repair work being done! Our repairman Stephen was great. He explained everything and gave us options without any pressure. I highly recommend you call this company for any your cooling/heating needs!
Lennox L., Westfield
July 16, 2019
Rob and Leonard were professional and knowledgeable. I would definitely recommend them and use their services again.